Friday, April 11, 2014

JANE O'REILLY: INDECENT EXPOSURE


Today we welcome author, Jane O’Reilly to the blog.

Tell us something about yourself, Jane.
I started writing as an antidote to kid's TV when my youngest child was a baby. My first novel was set in my old school and involved a ghost and lots of death. It's unpublished, which is probably for the best. Then I discovered contemporary romance.

What gave you the idea for Indecent Exposure?
Initially I intended to write a short novella, and the first draft was only 15K. This took me about a week. Over subsequent drafts, I extended it until it was closer to 30K. I had specifically wanted to write erotica which was not BDSM focussed, and the lovely window of a photography studio near to me gave me the idea of a heroine who takes boudoir photos on the side.

How did you find your publisher?
I was looking for a UK based publisher and I knew that the newly established Carina UK was looking for writers. I submitted in the usual way, with a partial followed by a full. All in, it only took a couple of months from the initial query to acceptance.

What would be the perfect item to help you survive a holiday?
Factor 50 sunblock. I think I must have been a vampire in another life.

What’s next in your writing life?
I'm currently writing more erotic romances for Carina. Three were published in March, and I am contracted to write another four by the end of the year. I am also working on a romantic space opera trilogy (also known as the crazy space book) about a space pirate and a genetically modified woman.

Tell us about your latest book.
Ellie Smithson is a respectable photographer by day –  but after dark, she takes pictures of a more…intimate nature – a dirty little secret she’s kept from her accountant Tom. Then she discovers he is the subject of her next racy shoot.

Links:

Thank you, Jane and good luck with you busy workload.


Complied by Elaine and brought to you by the blogging team of Elaine Everest and Natalie Kleinman.

If you have a book due for release and would like to be featured on the RNA blog please contact elaineeverest@aol.com

No comments: